About Me

My photo
What's there to know? I'm a very nice guy. haha

Monday, January 24, 2011

Starsiege Tribes The Best Game Ever Made, 7 Years of my life!

I was thinking about this game the other day. It was a big part of my life for a while. haha

Starsiege Tribes, released 1998, the demo came out before that. Made by Dynamix, Published by Sierra.

By far the greatest game ever, with the greatest modding ability and easiest map editor.
I played this game for 7 years at some times for 8 hours a day.
Multi player only. 


I started on the Demo server which was free to play for about 6 months, then finally got the full version. The demo only had 3 maps but you could play all you wanted and could use the mods.
One of the things that made this game so much better than the others was the jetpack and weapons that use energy. Both used the same energy but the energy comes back when not in use.
I sucked when i started playing but once i got good I was banned from every Tribes Server so i had to host my own for a while then changed my Name.
I played a Kirby, (^")>, Pomey, Killer, DeathMachine and many more. But Kirby was my number on game. I would join a game and everyone would say ohh god not Kirby. I usually had the most deaths but i had the most points and kills. I would destroy the enemy base and mine the spawn points then stay in their and say it was mine now. haha

Out of the modes Shifter was my favorite, it was more fast paced. I played as a Merc with weapons that could kill turrets and a ammo pack, so i could fire my vulcan chaingun for a few minutes strait. And the Mercs had booster pack so you could launch yourself across the map and with the help of the jet pack you could go anywhere, including maps that had extra claimable bases far up in the sky.
Well that if for now, I'll stop my ranting. haha


Part 1

Take Care,
FruitStripeApe

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about tribes today... YOur post makes me very happy.

    Best time period of my life.

    ReplyDelete