About Me

My photo
What's there to know? I'm a very nice guy. haha

Friday, November 19, 2010

Lamb Shank Recipe

I got my first pressure cooker 3 years ago and now use them almost everyday. I thought about that when i bought some Lamb Shanks the other day. Here is a pretty easy pressure cooker recipe.

Lamb Shank

4 Large Lamb Shanks
Season with Salt and pepper
Then Brown in your pressure cooker with some oil


Once Browned put to the side and drain all the grease out of the Pressure Cooker
Add 1 cup Chicken Stock and 1 cup Red Wine to pressure cooker
Add 12 cloves crushed garlic, 4 sprigs of Rosemary and 10 sprigs of Thyme
Add Browned Lamb Shank, close lid and set to high pressure
Turn on high til pressure is achieved
Lower heat once pressure is achieved
Keep on for 30 minutes then take off heat and let rest til pressure goes down
Serve Lamb shanks with rice or Pita with Cucumber Sauce

If you want gravy, strain the mixture left after taking the meat off and put it back in the pot
Bring to a boil then simmer til thickened or add a thickener if you don't want to wait haha

Hope you enjoy, I know i will.  ;^)
FruitStripeApe

No comments:

Post a Comment