About Me

My photo
What's there to know? I'm a very nice guy. haha

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sushi Places in North East Ohio (Mostly Around Akron)

Sushi is my favorite food, I could eat it everyday and tend to eat it 2+ times a week at lunch. I also like to have Sushi Parties were Me and my friends get together to enjoy our love of sushi, drink sake/Big Beers and talk about everything. I thought for today i would like the sushi places I've been to and say a little about them.

Wasabi Japanese Steak House

150 Montrose West Ave
Akron, OH 44321

(330) 666-5522

They have some really good special rolls and other seafood appetizers that other places don't have. I've been here about 24 times, 2 sushi parties and it has always been awesome!!! They also have private rooms where the table is submerged into the ground some and cut out for your legs. The small room has rice paper doors and you have to take your shoes off first.

Pacific East Japanese Restaurant 2 locations
1763 Coventry Road
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118-1631
(216) 320-2302
33003 Aurora Rd
Solon, OH 44139-3647
(440) 498-3223

This place is really good besides sushi they also have Malaysian Food that rocks. I don't know of any other Malaysian places. They have all the basic sushi rolls and the standard special rolls. Last time i ordered too much since everything looked so good. haha They also have Bubble Tea which has tapioca pearls in it and a huge straw to suck them up. I've been to the solon one once and the other one 3 times. Always Great.

House Gourmet
1305 East Tallmadge Avenue
Akron, OH 44310-3608

(330) 634-9988
housegourmet.com

I've always loved this place, great food and the people that work there are very nice. Great Special Rolls and regular sushi. Order an Empire Roll, you wont be sorry! I've been here over 100 times, 12 sushi parties and 4 of my own birthday parties. I started going the second day they opened and kept coming back. There Chinese food is the best around too, Best Flavor!!!

Big Eye Sushi
2965 W Market St # L
Fairlawn, OH 44333-3632

(330) 836-4433
bigeyejapanesecuisine.com

Their sushi is really good but it took 90 minutes to get our sushi, we show it on their sushi board already made for almost an hour. It took 30 minutes to get our soups and salads. The appetizers came at the same time as the sushi. So the whole table was full of food and no room for anything else. Went there once, may try again in the near future.

Cilantro Thai and Sushi Restaurant
326 S. Main St.
Akron, OH 44308

(330) 434-2876
cilantrothai.com

I've been here a few times. Great Thai food, super hot if you ask for it. Unique appetizers, their special rolls aren't that special. Overall order some thai food with a little sushi.

House of Hunan
12 E Exchange St # 1
Akron, OH 44308-1541

(330) 253-1888
houseofhunan.net

Their Chinese food is pretty good, Sushi is not as great as before. Their sushi chef used to be the greatest then he started working for House Gourmet so that's why House Gourmet is so good. After some construction downtown they lost most of their parking so you have to park around the block and walk there.

Taste of Bangkok
514 East Exchange Street
Akron, OH 44304-1865
(330) 252-2270

Opened not to long ago. Great thai food, i usally get a lunch special and a hand roll. Sushi is good, they are getting better with their special rolls. Great Place around akron U.

Samurai Japanese Steak HouseAddress:

Food
Service
Atmosphere
Value
Liked:
Disliked:
7155 North Aurora Road

Aurora, OH 44202-9602
(330) 995-0880

I've been here a few times. Good sushi nothing too special. They had a cool roll rolled in cucumber.

Last but not Least

Sakura
3900 Medina Road # X
Akron, OH 44333-2458
(330) 670-0288
By far my favorite. Most unique sushi rolls I've ever had. Great appetizers, very friendly staff!! I've been here over 100 times.
My favorite roll is called a Magic Stone, it is pressed sushi with tuna, white tuna, seasoned rice, tobiko, powered shrimp w/ powered sugar and a drizzle of japanese mayo. The fish is lightly torched on top.



That's it for now.
FruitStripeApe

No comments:

Post a Comment